Win big in our Amber Fishing Derby Scratch-Off Coaster Sweepstakes!
For another way to fish the Amber Derby, enter our Scratch-Off Coaster Sweepstakes! Look for Alaskan Amber Derby Scratch-Off Coasters at your local bar or restaurant that serves Alaskan beer. Each Scratch-Off Coaster contains an image of a fish or predator. To enter the contest, catch a fish (or predator), take a photo of it, ensuring the species is clearly visible, and post the photo to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #alaskanbeer, or directly to the Alaskan Brewing Facebook page. On September 1, we will draw a winner from all the entries we received. The winner will take home some great prizes for their next fishing adventure: a Salmon Sisters gift card to get outfitted, a gift card for fishing gear to fill their tackle box, and a Grizzly cooler for their catch!
The Fine Print:
Alaskan Brewing Company®
Alaskan Amber Derby Scratch-Off Coaster Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The “Alaskan Amber Derby Scratch-Off Coaster Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to residents of the United States who reside in one of our 25 distribution states (excluding California), who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Alaskan Brewing Co, LLC, distributors, retail licensees, and promotional and other vendor agencies involved in the Sweepstakes, and the immediate relatives (spouse, child, sibling, parent) and those residing in the households of all such principals and employees, are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Alaskan Brewing Company, LLC, 5429 Shaune Drive, Juneau, Alaska 99801
3. Timing: Contest begins on May 1st, 2019 at 12:00:00 a.m. Alaska Standard Time (“AKST”) and ends on August 31th, 2019 at 11:59:59 p.m. Alaska time (the ” Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How to Enter:
a. Entry Instructions for United States residents (excluding California residents): During the Sweepstakes Period, look for Alaskan Amber Derby Scratch-Off Coasters at retail locations. Each Scratch-Off Coaster contains an image of a fish or predator. Catch a fish (or predator), take a photo of it, ensuring the species is clearly visible, and post the photo to Instagram or Twitter with the hashtag #alaskanbeer, or directly to the Alaskan Brewing Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/alaskanbrewingco). Each species can only be entered once per individual. Additional entries will not be counted.
Three (3) Ways to Enter:
- Facebook: Take a photo of yourself with your “catch” Scrach-Off Coaster, ensuring the species is clearly visible. Visit Sponsor’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/alaskanbrewingco and locate the “Post to Page” section. Post your photo directly to the page. You must be a registered user of Facebook to enter the Sweepstakes via Facebook. Facebook registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to facebook.com and following the online instructions to open an account. Your photo settings on the specific entry post must be set to “public” in order for your posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents.
- Twitter: Share a photo of yourself with your “catch” Scratch-Off Coaster, ensuring the species is clearly visible, and include the hashtag #alaskanbeer. You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow @alaskanbrewing on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/alaskanbrewing. Twitter registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to twitter.com and following the online instructions to open an account. Your photo settings must be set to “public” in order for your posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents.
- Instagram: Share a photo of yourself with your “catch” Scratch-Off Coaster, ensuring the species is clearly visible, and include the hashtag #alaskanbeer. You must be a registered user of Instagram and follow Alaskan Brewing Co. to enter the Sweepstakes via Instagram. Instagram registration is free and can be obtained by logging on to Instagram.com and following the online instructions to open an account. Your photo settings must be set to “public” in order for your posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
If an Entry photo contains additional people other than only the entrant, please note that the one (1) person submitting the Entry under their email address, or Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram account, will be considered the entrant and only the entrant is eligible to win a prize. No other person in the Entry is eligible to receive a prize. Neither Sponsor nor its agents are liable for any disputes arising from or related to the Sweepstakes in this regard.
All Entries must be received and recorded during the Sweepstakes Period May 1, 2019 – August 31, 2019. No other form of entry is valid. Limit one (1) Entry per person per catch. A “catch” is defined as a species depicted on the Scratch-Off Coaster. You will receive one (1) Entry into the applicable category Guidelines. Entries must comply with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to review any Entry for violation of these Official Rules and may, at its sole discretion, reject, delete, or otherwise exclude an Entry for any reason, including without limitation, if the Entry contains any Prohibited Content (as defined below) or any other commentary or material which Sponsor or Administrator, in its sole discretion deems inappropriate.
Entries must meet the following requirements:
- For US residents of Alaskan Brewing Co.’s 25 distribution states (excluding CA): Entry must display a photo of yourself with your “catch” Scratch-Off Coaster, ensuring the species is clearly visible, and include the hashtag #alaskanbeer.
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products, or companies or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Sponsor shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, translate, alter, combine with other material, reuse, and adapt any or all portions of the Entry in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in any manner whatsoever and for any purpose, without any notice to the individual or requiring the individual’s approval.
- Entry cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional, or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote the excessive or irresponsible consumption of alcohol, or promote illegal use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) contain an image of anyone under 21 years of age; (e) otherwise fail to comply with the Beer Institute Advertising and Marketing Code as made publicly available at the following online location: http://www.beerinstitute.org/assets/uploads/general-upload/2015-Beer-Ad-Code Brochure.pdf
- Each entrant warrants and represents that the Entry: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not received previous awards; and (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity;
- Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not in accordance with the guidelines as stated herein, or on any of Sponsor’s social media assets or Websites, or is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible.
- Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
- Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
Prize Drawings and Winner Notification: Grand Prize Entry Period
One (1) Grand Prize Entry Period winner will be selected in a random drawing to be held on or about the Drawing Date. If Sponsor so elects, the Grand Prize winner may be required to submit to a confidential background check. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the number of eligible Entries received.
The winner will be notified by email or via direct messaging through their Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account via and will be required to respond to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours indicating whether he/she can accept the prize. If no response is received within the time allotted, an alternate winner will be selected (time permitting for Grand Prize). Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless, or land-line phone service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification.
The winner will be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within seventy-two (72) hours of prize acceptance. The winner must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older. In the event of noncompliance within any of these time periods, or if the Grand Prize winner does not consent to a confidential background check, or if Sponsor determines that the Grand Prize Entry Period winner is not an appropriate brand representative based on the results of the confidential background check, prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may selected (time permitting for Grand Prize). Any prize notification or prize returned to Sponsor, or its agencies, as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner (time permitting). Only three (3) alternate drawings will be conducted, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
The Grand Prize includes an Alaskan Brewing Co. Grizzly Cooler, a gift certificate to Salmon Sisters, and a gift certificate for fishing gear.
Acceptance of prize offered constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name, voice, and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval as permitted by law.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (907) 780-5866.