Alaskan White Ale has a soft, slightly sweet base with the unique spice aroma of coriander and crisp, citrus finish of orange peel. A light and effervescent body combined with the smooth palate creates a complex and delicate beer that is deliciously refreshing in any season.
Alaskan White Ale is made from glacier-fed water and a generous blend of the finest quality European and Pacific Northwest hop varieties, wheat and two-row specialty malts. Our water originates in the 1,500 square-mile Juneau Ice Field and from the more than 90 inches of rainfall Juneau receives each year.
- Original Gravity: 1.048
- ABV: 5.3%
- Bitterness: 15 IBU
- Color: 7 SRM
The crisp flavor of Alaskan White Ale pairs well with spicy foods and lighter fare including fresh salads and grilled shrimp or halibut.
- Los Angeles County Fair—Bronze: Herb and Spice Beer
- Denver International Beer Competition—Bronze: Witbiers
- Great Arizona Beer Festival Awards—Third: Best of Festival
- European Beer Star Awards—Silver: Herb and Spice Beer
- US Open Beer Championship—Silver: Belgian Witbier
- West Coast Brew Fest—Bronze: Wheat Beer
The Story Behind the Label
Polar bears are native to the Arctic Ocean and can be found traversing through the snow, ice and open waters along the northern coastlines of Alaska. Although closely related to the brown bears of Alaska, the polar bear is classified as a marine mammal adapted to the icy climate of the Arctic. Alaskan White Ale toasts this extraordinary bear and its place at the top of the world.